We are happy to announce we will be hosting a sailing regatta on Saturday July 3rd and Sunday July 4th from noon to 5 pm. The event is open to youth race team and adult club members. The race team youth are asked to register for the single handed Laser fleet and adult members in the double handed 420 fleet.
Musa has separated the race team and the members into different fleets, in order to allow it to be fun and competitive for both fleets. No racing experience necessary. An introduction to racing rules seminar will be held the morning prior to the racing on Saturday. If you are not familiar with how racing works in sailing, this can be a good introductory experience.
Youth summer programs capacity and guidelines have been updated as follows:
- Partners registering together no longer need to be a part of the same household
- We strongly recommend that partners be people with whom they already have regular contact with
- All single-handed programs increase capacity to 6
- All Double-handed programs increase capacity to 10 or 5 420’s
- 2-meter distancing must be maintained while on Old Mill Boathouse Property
- 2-meter distancing encouraged on land outside of Old Mill Boathouse Property and on the docks especially amongst sailors not sailing in the same boat
- Coach boats may be used to transport participants to the dock. (one person at a time for participants of a dingle-handed program, 2 people at a time for participants of a double-handed program
- Volunteers may accompany coaches on the coach boats without being required to distance
- Boats and gear may be used by different people and groups throughout a given week
- Boats will be sprayed down with disinfectant solution after use and in between participants