Rocky Point Sailing Association’s mission is to provide a safe, inclusive, and interactive environment to promote a long-time love of sailing and encourage each sailor’s development. Rocky Point Sailing Association offers three types of yearly membership: General, Dinghy and Keelboat.
Members are encouraged to participate in discussion at the general meeting and are required to vote at the Annual General Meeting. The members form the legal entity that holds the Executive Board accountable for good stewardship and the fulfillment of our mission.
Requirements and Benefits
- Members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Members are entitled to a 10% discount off sailing programs for themselves, partners or children.
- Are entitled to benefits as members of the the Old Mill Boathouse Society and BC Sailing.
- Members and their partners can use of club boats subject to having certifications and boat availability.
- Sailors who have not achieved CANSail 2 from RPSA must schedule a skill assessment and club orientation. The assessment has a fee, is two hours, and bookings are subject to coach availability.
- Members are invited to participate in club sponsored events; such as Group Sail, Keelboat Cruise, Learn-to-Race, the membership BBQ, and volunteer opportunities in the Port Moody Community
Certification: No certification required
Restrictions: General members may only sail with a RPSA Dinghy or Keelboat club member.
General Members join to evaluate if sailing is a good fit for themselves.
Get introduced to sailing by participating in Group Sail and Keelboat Cruise events.
Certification: CANSail 2
Club Dingy Boats: Sailors may use
- Optimist and Laser (one person)
- 420 (2 people)
Dinghy members may be interested in Group Sail, Learn-to-Crew, Keelboat Cruise, and social events.
Dinghy members assist with club sponsored events such as regattas, boat in/out, community activities, and maintenance.
Certification: PCOC, ROC-M, and Basic Cruising Standard
Club Keelboats: Skippers may sail
- 27’ Columbia and 29’ C&C
(book day, weekend, or week-long cruises)
- may also sail all club Dinghy boats
Keelboat members may be interested in Group Sail, Learn-to-Race, Keelboat Cruise, and social events.
Keelboat members are actively involved with all club operations.