- A Community Sport Perspective
James Anderson (RPSA Commodore) has written an article for the Sport Information Resource Centre describing how we navigated the COVID-19 experience and rolled out programs for the 2020 season.
- Thank You
On behalf of the executive and membership I want to extend our sincere appreciation for our coaches and staff – Zach, Cam, Joe, Andy, Victoria, Caja and Musa – for their dedication, enthusiasm, patience and expertise. They should be very proud of what they accomplished. Feedback from parents has been very positive.
A very special thank you to Musa and Caja. Musa executed our COVID-19 health and safety policies, collaborated with coaches to develop modified summer programs and managed the day-to-day operations. Caja surveyed members and past program participants to learn what RPSA was doing well, how we can improve, and what our community wants in terms of future programming.
Lastly, I want to thank our volunteers and keelboat skippers. In March, RPSA’s future was uncertain. Thanks to a dedicated group we were able to band together to accomplish RPSA’s core mission and keep coaches employed and run diverse sailing program.
- Shout out from City Councillor
Yesterday we got a shout out from a local city Councillor on Facebook.
An immense thank you to all the volunteers that helped us mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 and to Musa Fortin and all the coaches who have done a fantastic job getting our programs running safely.
- Program Cancellations
To our community,
It is with deep sadness we must cancel regular scheduled summer sailing programs such as Summer Fun, Junior Sailing, Wet Feet and Can Sail 3, 4 and 5 due to COVID-19 and for the safety of our program participants, their families and our instructors. Our volunteer training and July session of Opti-Bronze are proceeding as planned.
RPSA will be issuing full refunds to impacted summer program registrants. Please allow 5-10 business days for refunds to be processed.
This was an incredibly difficult decision made after lengthy discussions and in consultation with community stakeholders. The health and safety of our participants, instructors and community is paramount.
We are assessing whether we can run smaller programs in mid-July or August using one-person boats to ensure physical distancing and safety protocols can be effectively maintained. More details will be available late June.
We sincerely thank you for supporting our community sport organization and hope to see you next year or sooner.
- Operations suspended
Dear members and friends,
RPSA is suspending all operations until May 1st to do our part in lowering the risk to the community as much as possible. We are continuning to monitor the situation and as of now, all programs scheduled after May 1st will proceed as usual.
We are sending positive vibes to our community during these challenging times.