Join us as a Sailing Instructor this summer!
The Rocky Point Sailing Association is committed to teaching the joys of sailing to those of all ages.
We are a non-profit organization which strives to provide safe, inclusive, fun, and educational marine activities for the Tri-Cities and beyond. RPSA is looking for CANSail Instructors with a passion for sailing, and the drive to share that passion with the community.
What to Expect
RPSA Instructors are involved with our Kids and Youth Summer Camps, School and Scout Groups, Adult Lessons, and Member Events.
Instructors are assigned 40-hour work weeks with our Summer Camps throughout July and August. Part-time evening and weekend work may be available to those not assigned to camps in a given week.
This role reports to the Sailing Director and Head Coach.
- Foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for all participants
- Create and execute daily lesson plans, provide feedback and debrief with participants
- Supervise and manage groups of children and youth both on-land and on-water
- Contribute to maintaining utility and cleanliness of RPSA sailboats, coach boats, and facilities
- Participate in daily instructor briefs and / or debriefs, maintain communication with other instructors and the Sailing Director
- CANSail Instructor Trained or Certified (all levels)
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Prior work or volunteer experience with kids and youth
- Professional and safety-conscious attitudes
- Strong workplace skills: time management, communication, organization, and problem-solving
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- A commitment to continuous learning and self improvement
If you believe you would be a good fit at RPSA, contact us at email@example.com
Please attach your Resume, Cover Letter.
Please contact us if your have any additional questions regarding application.