Rocky Point Sailing Association’s mission is to provide a safe, inclusive, and interactive environment to promote a long-time love of sailing and encourage each sailor’s development. Rocky Point Sailing Association offers three types of yearly membership: General, Dinghy and Keelboat.
Participation in the general meeting is encouraged, where members vote on important matters at our AGM. Members also form the legal entity that holds the Executive Board accountable for good stewardship and the fulfillment of our mission.
Requirements and Benefits
- Members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Members are entitled to a 10% discount off sailing programs for themselves, partners or children.
- Members and their partners are afforded the use of club boats subject to having certifications and boat availability.
- Sailors who have not achieved CANSail 2 from RPSA must schedule a $50.00 skill assessment and club orientation. The assessment is two hours and bookings are subject to availability.
- Members are invited to participate in club sponsored local events; such as Group Sail, Keelboat Cruise, Learn-to-Race, and the membership BBQs.
Certification: No certification required
Restrictions: General members may only sail with a RPSA Dinghy or Keelboat club member.
General Members join to evaluate if sailing is a good fit for themselves.
Get introduced to sailing by participating in Group Sail and Keelboat Cruise events.
New members must schedule an orientation before using the boats.
Certification: CANSail 2
Club Dingy Boats: Sailors may use
- Optimist and Laser (one person)
- 420 (2 people)
Dinghy members may be interested in Group Sail, Learn-to-Crew, Keelboat Cruise, and social events.
Dinghy members assist the club with important operations such as regattas, yearly boat in/out days, summer BBQ and scheduled maintenance.
Certification: PCOC, ROC-M, and CYA or CANSail 2
Club Keelboats: Skippers may sail
- 27’ Columbia and 29’ C&C
(book day, weekend, or week-long cruises)
- may also sail club Dinghy boats
Keelboat members may be interested in Group Sail, Learn-to-Race, Keelboat Cruise, and social events.
Keelboat members are actively involved with all club operations.